Be Efficient: Bonitasoft Introduces New Bonita BPM 6 Platform05 Jun 2013 - Jeremy LIPP
BPM Disruptor Redesigns User Portal, Mobile Access and Process Execution Engine to Offer All Organizations the Most Practical Route to Improved Operational Efficiency
Bonitasoft, the number one growing business process management (BPM) solution, today announced the roll-out of Bonita BPM 6 – the company’s biggest platform upgrade in three years – giving business users and IT professionals an advanced set of BPM tools to enhance collaboration, drive end-user efficiency and improve processes quickly. The newest version of Bonitasoft’s award-winning Business Process Management suite is available immediately.
Bonita BPM’s next-generation execution engine has been clocked at four times faster than the current-generation engine. The company’s engineers have added a host of new features that make people, departments and organizations more efficient through the use of intuitive process-driven applications. New features include a completely redesigned user portal that helps employees and managers complete process tasks quickly and accurately, mobile access, and improved business activity monitoring.
“Companies continue to face challenges – everything from tighter compliance requirements to overworked IT departments to more competition – and they need tools to respond to these challenges,” said Miguel Valdes Faura, CEO and co-founder of Bonitasoft. “Bonita BPM 6 continues to deliver on the promise we made when we started the company in 2009. We’re giving people an easy-to-implement, easy-to-use, and cost-effective BPM tool that make departments and organizations more efficient than ever before.”
Bonita BPM 6 builds on the company’s vision to “democratize BPM,” where process owners, at all levels in an organization, can take greater control over improving their operational performance. Integrating years of R&D, customer feedback and community input, Bonita BPM 6 puts more tools in the hands of process owners with the following innovative features:
- An intuitive user portal – The addition of a new streamlined interface gives team members, managers and administrators more flexibility to manage and complete their tasks.
- Mobile access – For the first time, customers can create, assign and complete task from any device.
- The ability to unlock from rigid processes - End-users can create and assign tasks on the fly.
- Improved analytics capabilities – A stronger set of analytics will allow managers and process owners to drill down into reports to gain deeper knowledge and identify bottlenecks.
Bonitasoft continues its support for technical developers. Bonita BPM 6 adds new tools and features that ease the burden of creating process-driven applications:
- Easily change the configuration of running processes to cope with organizational and infrastructure changes.
- Enhanced support for multiple deployment scenarios and environments.
- A new REST API and expanded configuration options for Java API
- New error management allows tasks that have failed due to external system errors to be rerun
- Apache Tomcat is now directly integrated into Bonita BPM Studio to streamline testing.
“Enterprises seek new ways to modernize applications and enable them to improve the processes they use to run their business in the new cloud era,” said Carl Lehmann, IT analyst with 451 Research. “They seek tools like those from Bonitasoft that continue to evolve and offer simple ways to get started and make progress with business process management.”
“We tried Bonita BPM 6 out during a beta program earlier this year, and we consider it to be a major step forward for the company,” said Meli Cetin, Senior BPM Consultant, Truvo. “The goal was to create a usable, versatile application that scales for larger and more complex processes, and it did just that. We look forward to generating value for our own operations leveraging Bonita BPM 6.”
“We have worked closely with Bonitasoft for several years providing high-value BPM solutions for forward-thinking companies that believe operational performance is a competitive advantage,” said Javier Tur as BPM leader at Bull Spain S.A.. “The introduction of Bonita BPM 6 will give Bull and Bonitasoft added capabilities for organizations that want their departments and employees to generate efficiencies through the design, automation and use of well-organized processes.”
Bonita BPM 6 is offered through one- or three-year subscriptions that include all software, support and maintenance.