“Streamlining our account request process means we are less reliant on manual paper-based work. We achieved our goal of having an electronic, online account request process.”
Natalie Metzger, Middleware Developer, Old Dominion University
Attract and keep the right students, and provide the best support for their education from application, admission and enrollment all the way through to graduation.
Find and manage sources of private and public funding, manage departmental and overall budgets.
Optimize internal administrative and technical processes so they operate smoothly across departments.
Improve communication throughout research departments and stop wasting valuable research expertise on administrative tasks.
Bonita BPM offers an application platform with powerful workflow capabilities and tooling to build easy-to-use, web-based user interfaces for students, administrators, researchers, and employees.
- Five processes handle all approval and account creation tasks
- After deploying the automated processes, the University has seen a significant increase in the speed of account request handling (three times as fast)
- About 15% of ODU’s daily account requests are processed online, and this percentage is constantly growing
- Reduced turnaround time from three days to one day for requests completed online
- Grant administrators and payroll staff use efficient process-based applications processes combined with complex calculations to determine research faculty salary to include grant funds from multiple research projects
- End users are busy faculty members, who insist on a tool that is intuitive and easy to use
- More than 200 faculty and an additional 300 staff use Bonita BPM for their grant invoicing process
- The time to process grant invoices was significantly reduced, saving the school a large amount of money by greatly increasing staff efficiency
- Complex payroll calculations were completely automated, reducing the amount of time required to fill out forms and eliminating the need to walk paper forms around the campus
- Recruitment programs
- application, admission and enrollment
- management of student educational paths
- Course offerings
Research funding and results
- Grant applications and funding
- Intellectual property and patents
- Private and public funding management
- Regional and program accreditation guidelines and rules compliance
- Faculty recruitment
- Sabbaticals management
End-to-end administrative processes
- Departmental and overall budgeting
Information Systems support and logistics