Thank you for your download
Your download of Digital Transformation And Digital Platforms will start shortly
One solution, two ways to drive digital transformation
Organizations are integrating and applying digital technologies to create fundamental changes at all levels of business operations.
Leveraging the latest technologies helps businesses achieve greater success, drive innovation, and gain competitive advantage. Companies in all industries have begun adopting digital business platforms (also known as digital transformation platforms) to streamline both internal and customer-facing processes.
These integrated platforms are a powerful foundation for transformation because they bring together technology streams including big data, data analytics, AI, machine learning, cloud, mobility, security, social media, and cognitive computing.
The most accessible digital business platforms are built on business process management (BPM) technology. These platforms support business transformation in 2 ways:
1. Operational focus: use process-based business applications to do do what you were doing before, but faster, cheaper, more efficiently.
2. Strategic focus: use applications to take your strategic vision and make it operational.
Both approaches can help you to build sales, strengthen customer connections, cut costs, and outpace the competition. And they overlap in other ways, too.
Operational digital transformation can be so successful that it changes an organization’s strategy. And strategic digital transformation almost always drives operational change. Whether you want to improve existing paths or to cut brand-new ones, a BPM platform can deliver the benefits of digital transformation to your business.
OPERATIONAL DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: Paving the cowpath
Because operational digital transformation makes existing business processes more efficient without fundamentally changing them, some refer to it as “paving the cowpath.”
But don’t underestimate the power of this approach, which has brought significant value and cost savings to thousands of organizations. In fact, it can deliver such dramatic improvements in efficiency that you end up achieving a strategic advantage from what started out as an operational change intended to save time and money.
BPM for operational advantage: SAVE TIME
- Use BPM to improve communication throughout departments and reduce wasting valuable expertise on administrative tasks.
- Optimize processes to better manage all aspects of the business, such as supply chain, product life cycle, operations, and sales and ordering.
- Eliminate redundancies in systems and processes to make rapid innovation possible.
- Simplify day-to-day work for staff through process optimization.
- Quickly and simply upgrade processes to meet new legislative guidelines.
BPM for operational advantage: SAVE MONEY
- Take advantage of growth opportunities while maintaining control over costs through better interoperability among systems, people, and equipment.
- Optimize efficiency by innovating in the face of changing demand patterns enables organizations to make better use of their assets.
- For public sector organizations, BPM can enhance the ability to find and manage sources of private and public funding as well as manage departmental and overall budgets.
- Take friction out of the system by using BPM to optimize internal administrative and technical processes so they operate smoothly across departments.
- Streamline processes helps higher education institutions offer the best education and research environment possible while minimizing costs.
Don’t think just operational with your digital transformation...
STRATEGIC DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: Blazing a new trail
Strategy is about doing things differently, not simply doing them more efficiently than you did before, or better than everyone else does them. It’s no surprise that Harvard Business School Institute for Strategy & Competitiveness asserts that strategy is the key to competitive advantage.
But once you’ve envisioned how you’re going to do things differently, you still have to solve the challenge of how you’re going to make that happen. That’s where the operational strengths of BPM-based applications come in to support strategy.
Providing your technical teams with powerful, low-code application platforms empowers them to build new processes and functionality quickly, test them immediately, react to the testing with more innovation, and repeat until you’ve got the solution you need.
For now. Sooner or later, your competitors will catch up. The needs and opportunities in your market area will change. Your organization’s vision and strategic direction will evolve. But with the ability to rapidly develop new processes, you can better adapt to all these changes in your business environment. Rapid, low-code development frees your IT experts to focus all their time and creative energy on differentiating your business rather than on maintaining and patching existing applications.
BPM for strategic advantage: RESPOND TO NEW MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
- Embrace digital transformation and BPM to respond to dynamic, uncertain, fast-changing business landscapes.
- Use a low-code BPM platform to develop core processes that the organization can quickly adapt to exploit new opportunities.
- Leverage BPM to optimize manufacturing process and better manage supply chain, product life cycle, operations, and sales and ordering so the business isn’t dragged down by redundancies in systems and processes with a system too slow to permit rapid innovation.
BPM for strategic advantage: IMPROVE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- Improve public access to and satisfaction with public services.
- Use BPM for automation and better integration across departments.
- Gain a real-time view of dynamic membership by using a scalable, low-code BPM solution to manage the membership process, both online and mobile.
- Streamline customer-facing processes such as return or exchange into single, cohesive, digital processes to create an easy, engaging, and efficient customer service experience… and build customer loyalty.
- Differentiate from the competition by providing well-tailored, superior customer service to each customer, especially in financial services.
- Maintain customer loyalty, innovate constantly, and stay compliant with regulations and standards, by using BPM for agile and highly responsive applications.
Deliver operational and strategic digital transformation with Bonita
Bonitasoft helps innovative companies worldwide deliver better digital user experiences for customers and employees. Bonitasoft is the only open-source vendor of iBPMS solutions, and the extensible and open Bonita platform features a comprehensive set of Java and REST APIs that provide wide interactivity with external applications.
As a result, Bonita makes it easy for development teams to connect tailored user interfaces with reliable back-office operations and so create completely custom user experiences. This frees up multidisciplinary development teams to create new and innovative solutions that implement your latest strategies for resolving challenges and taking advantage of new opportunities.
Bonita also supports your business as it changes and grows. With Bonita you can do iterative/agile development, so you can get up and running and deliver incremental value quickly. And that’s just the beginning. Faster delivery means you can get faster user feedback, which in turn drives continuous improvement. Bonita’s ease of use, openness, support for rapid development, and Bonita Continuous Delivery capability enable Living Applications that adapt to meet your business’ evolving strategies and business environments.