Bonita 7.9 is available for download!
Here's what's new in the Bonita 7.9 release:
Componentization and tools for developers
- a high scalable asynchronous engine, up to 10 times more performant in a context of slow connectors
- Bonita Runtime can now be started in an embedded mode
Continuous delivery of projects
- The theme of an application is now managed as a project resource : a theme created outside Bonita can be mapped with an application descriptor and be used as a resource to view a page, form, layout under development. To do so, a new "View in application" has been added to the preview window in the UI Designer.
- Native UID widgets provided can be used as a template for a custom widget
- Manage UID assets order to guarantee user interface rendering
Low-code application development
- Accelerate dramatically form creation by automatically displaying the existing business variable values in the form or display the read-only attributes of the business objects related to the contract inputs.
- Switch widget : replace your current widget by a new one without loosing the configuration you have done
- Update multiple documents at task level and in Bonita Portal case overview
- Open a UID page or form in a browser tab outside of current preview mechanism to allow you set new URL parameters, play with dynamic browser sizing, and to reuse same url in another browser to see how your form or page behaves in your user default browser
- A new action is available on the provided Button widget in the UI Designer: "Assign and submit task"
From Bonita Portal to Bonita Living Applications
We are pursuing the initiative of progressively migrating Bonita Portal to our UI Designer technology and transforming it into three applications, one per provided profile.
Each new page is provided as a new custom page that is responsive, that can be customized in the UI Designer, and used in any living application. This version includes :
- Install/Export Organization page for the Administrator Portal
- A new Bonita Layout is available to be used and customized in any Application.
There are also a lot of technical updates and of course, bug fixes.