The NelsonHall report on Bonita
NelsonHall's analyst report analyzes the technology offer of the Bonita platform for:
- Application development and functionality
- Mobile integration
- Data integration and interoperability
- Process modeling
- Business process management
- Case management
- Task management
The report also assesses Bonitasoft’s product development strategy, strengths, and challenges
Bonitasoft as a company addresses
- the limitations of common solutions in the space through an approach that makes professional IT users and business users equal contributors
- the short term need to digitalize operations, which typically means optimizing business processes through automation.
- the longer term need to modernize information systems, including the infrastructure, organizational practices, and employee skills around these systems
The report analyzes the two main components of the Bonita platform
- Bonita Studio: the development environment for the Bonita Platform that includes an embedded non-production-use Bonita stack for application testing
- Data Handling and Integration: integration of external systems using connectors and managing data using Business Data Models
- Process Modeling: the primary way for designing processes against the BPMN 2.0 standard
- UI Designer: a WYSIWYG tool to design application interfaces, including pages and process forms, in addition to reports and dashboards
- Bonita Runtime: the production runtime environment with a portal to perform server administration and monitoring for administrators, and a generic process view for users
- Bonita Intelligent Continuous Improvement: an add-on for process mining of Bonita Runtime data to provide predictive analytics.
The report acknowldeges that Bonitasoft has developed a community of 150k members in 75 countries around its open-source products, and has a partner community of 120 organizations, mainly in Europe, but with a substantial portion also in NA and LATAM.