Leading software provider for in-home internet & connected devices
Bonita at the heart of this provider’s proprietary solution for automated testing
About this company
This Bonitasoft customer is a software development company with European leadership in device middleware for network and television operators. Their solutions power digital home services, directly in the Cloud and on various devices: home gateways, decoders, OTT boxes, NAS, Wi-Fi extensions and repeaters, IoT hubs, home energy displays, built-in smart speakers and more.
About this Bonita implementation
“We wanted to automate our tests because we are constantly developing new functionalities for our software, and then have to check their compatibility with the old versions, most often manually. This took a lot of time for our technicians. Now with Bonita, we have industrialized the process by modeling our tests in the form of a diagram representing the sequence of steps and behind each of them, we have developed software connectors that interact with physical equipment.”
This company needed to:
- automate their software testing
- provide new functionalities for their software to be checked for compatibility with the old versions
- find a graphic platform, so non-developers are able to define test scenarios
- create a solution that is easy for their end users to use
- This customer began working with Bonita Community edition and switched to Bonita Enterprise for better scalability.
- They need to support ongoing development and testing of a full range of solutions to analyze of the quality of experience for fixed and mobile operators: telecoms, broadcasters, energy suppliers, insurance companies, and more.
- Today they have a team of 5 developers working to design new connectors to develop their in-house solution interfaced with the latest version of Bonita Enterprise.
This customer has industrialized the process by modeling tests in a diagram with the sequence of steps for testing, and behind each of them, software connectors that interact with physical equipment. Bonita is today at the heart of the proprietary solution designed by this customer to develop scenarios and produce mass test results, by project and / or by country. The company has been able to scale up without having to hire new technicians, saving significant time and cost.
The development team is now able to carry out 2,000 tests each week per project.
They are able to conduct daily tests on their software modifications.
All testers are able to use Bonita to load, execute, and analyze test processes.
So far, 200 processes and 1,300 connectors have been developed, while 22,000 cases are processed each year.
"Today, our testers use Bonita to load, execute and analyze various test processes. We have saved a lot of time in the production of tests, especially endurance tests, going from two days to half a day."
- IT manager, Leading in-home digital devices software provider
"Today we have a team of 5 developers in France and Belgium. These developers are working to design new connectors to develop our in-house solution interfaced with the latest version of Bonita."
IT Manager, Leading in-home digital devices software provider
Want to know more about our telecommunications customers?
We can share our experience in this sector.Let's talk!